Fireboy
I've been working on some work for an upcoming Tiki/Halloween themed show at Wildcat in Napa. The show is being curated by Jose Mendez and is being talked about as the Trick 'r Tiki show. Get it? Clever, eh?
I was a
little worried about my ability to produce much tiki-themed work since
it's not usually my forte, but it's coming along better than I'd hoped.
I'll post more of the work I've completed as the days go by.
I've
been referring to this guy as Fireboy, so that's probably going to be
the title when it's finally slapped into a frame and nailed to a wall. A
friend suggested that he should be turned into a table lighter.
Although I agree that would be cool, I think production of said lighter
is beyond my skill set.
Hey Kelly, make sure to let us know the date and time of your opening. That way we can all slow up and make a really interesting eclectic scene in your honor. Really like your work and I think others will too. Keep them coming. Jay
ReplyDelete