Monday, October 24, 2011

31 Days of Monsters: Day Twenty-four — The Cyclops

Like a lot of people my age, the cyclops from "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" was my first introduction to Ray Harryhausen's art. If you haven't seen that movie, you need to go out right now and watch them. Seriously. go right now. I mean it. I can't even understand how you are  at a site that would feature a series of drawings called 31 Days of Monsters without having ever seen Harryhausen's films. How did you get here?
I was fortunate enough to shake hands with Ray Harryhausen at a special event in honor of his 80th birthday. I wouldn't say I actually met him since I couldn't remember my name at the time, and all I really said was, "Thanks Mr. Harryhausen ... I mean ... THANKS!"
I don't geek out much, but when I do, it's about the big names, and my geekery is a real stunner.
As a special feature, here's the trailer to "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad."


No comments:

Post a Comment