In folklore all over the world, the appearance of a monstrous black dog is often seen as an omen of impending death. For that reason, I can't figure out why black dogs don't suffer from the same prejudice as black cats. It's just not fair.
statistics show that black dogs DO suffer a lot of prejudice in this culture and are very hard to adopt for the same reason. I appreciate your desire to raise attention to their plight however (not that they should share discrimination like black cats. All creatures deserve to be the color they were born with, without suffering prejudice). http://www.petfinder.com/pet-adoption/dog-adoption/black-dog-syndrome/
statistics show that black dogs DO suffer a lot of prejudice in this culture and are very hard to adopt for the same reason. I appreciate your desire to raise attention to their plight however (not that they should share discrimination like black cats. All creatures deserve to be the color they were born with, without suffering prejudice). http://www.petfinder.com/pet-adoption/dog-adoption/black-dog-syndrome/
ReplyDelete